Friday 12 January 2018

Hello!

The subject of this Blog is the History of South Australia's biggest island and the Genealogy of its people.

I'm engaged in a project to put all of Kangaroo Island's Early Settlers on WikiTree, the free genealogy site that aims to connect all the world's people through our family trees. This Blog is where I will make notes, argue with myself and collect references, photos and so on.

I'm a member of the Kangaroo Island Pioneers Association and the Genealogy and Heraldry Society of South Australia. My interest goes beyond birth dates and relationship - I want to know about the lives of the people who preceded me in this place we call South Australia. My forebear, George Granger, was one of those who settled on Kangaroo Island in the early days of the colony and there are people still living there who are related to me.

If you have a story to tell that's related to Kangaroo Island or its people, please do tell me about it - just Post a Comment below. 

Enough said. Now let's get down to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be PUBLIC, so anyone can read them. Obviously, spam or offensive comments will be removed. Be sensible.